Apollo 18+20: Hard-Hitting Art Talk

I think I can volunteer for Everything is Catching on Fire, too, since that one immediately suggested an image to me.

I Heard A Sound has art now! Art that was not approved by the author!

That’s like some sort of anti-crime. Like a reverse mugging, foisting artwork on a person like that!

If I ever win the lottery, I pledge to spend at least 10% of it on a spree of reverse muggings, because that’s a cool idea [emote]:)[/emote]

Awesome. That is much more fun than anything I could have come up with. Thanks, R. And it is certainly post-approved, if not pre-approved.

Hmm, I’m envisioning one giant image with all the cover art once these all have art. Like an 8x5 rectangle, 38 squares for the games, and then two squares with the album cover.

Something like this:

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ]  |
[ ][ ][ ][ ]__|

-Kevin

I’d suggest having the main cover art in the middle, like this.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ]|M|[ ][ ]
[ ][ ]|A|[ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Yeah, that would probably be better.

-Kevin

Symmetry is against design. Design is against symmetry.

**|
**|

My vote is that whoever agrees to take on this project can decide how to arrange the images [emote]:-)[/emote]

-Kevin

Well, if you’re looking to make a web page with all the cover art on, I can create a HTML table that would do something along those lines. If this is what’s wanted, I take dibs (or shotgun or whatever it is) on it.

I was actually thinking of a single image file (done in Photoshop or whatever), but I didn’t really think very hard.

-Kevin

I do emphasise the “if” though, since if you did want a photoshopped single image, I’m pretty sure that the others would do a way better job at that than I would.

Seems fair [emote]:)[/emote]

Too bad it is now too late, but a good idea would have been having a big image cut into tiny pieces, each piece forming the cover of a single game.

That seems like a great idea for the next time someone organizes a tribute album.

-Kevin

I agree, but I really like what we had, too.

Amusingly, I was looking at IFDB and about to come over here and say “Hey! Some nameless graphics bandit is doing these! These are cool! They deserve credit!” Wow and yay to this thread blowing up.

I’ll try and mock something up, and maybe I can scan a rough drawing of what I want. I don’t want it to be too busy, though.

I also would REALLY appreciate opinions on how to touch up whatever art I do make, if anyone’s up for that. I’ll provide links later, I guess.

Maybe we should have a listing of who’s done art or plans to for which game, so that when it’s all done, someone can just swoop in?

If you just want to see whether or not they all have art, you can see it at a glance here:

ifdb.tads.org/search?searchfor=s … by=&pg=all

-Kevin

It is a good idea, but I would have opted out.

So, how does this work? One simply makes the cover and uploads to IFDB?

Heck yes! That’s what I did, anyway. I guess if you want to get really fancy, you can send the author a higher-res version that they can bundle with future versions of the game.

Done two. Hope the authors like them.

• Please pass the milk please
  • Mysterious Whispers

Plus:I have no idea how to contact the authors. So, authors, if you want hi-res (erm: 900x900px) copies of the covers, PM me.