Anyone remember HTML Invisiclues?

That’s the one I recall, too.

Not a very thorough survey, but the five questions I selected from the Enchanter invisiclues don’t click through.

Sorry, didn‘t notice that the dump is incomplete. There seems to be a mirror of the original site at http://infocom.elsewhere.org/scheyen/
:wink:

5 Likes

Now we’re cookin’ with gas, thanks!

nice! thanks for running that down.

Glad, I could help. But the real kudos must go to whomever is maintaining the mirror. The wayback machine is obviously not the tenacious memory we need :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I haven’t found anything was truly missing for the Invisiclues on the Archive. There are places where if you follow a link you’re told “that page is unavailable” but then if you select an older version you end up getting it.

But the Elsewhere site is much more convenient for anyone who might aspire to say, scrape the whole thing to take advantage of someone else having done the hard manual work of organizing them consistently (random hypothetical example).

Its organization is also a good one for accessibility overall… the buttons that are images without alt text have to change, of course, but that’s easily done.

1 Like

Yes, this was real luck to have a site in plain html. The archive.org crawler sometimes has a hard time with capturing sites that are not pure html, i.e. using some CMS.
Nothing beats plain old html in terms of archivability :blush:

1 Like