Anyone have any success hosting a website using the play.html?

Probably a stupid question here but has anyone had any success creating a website using the play.html? What I mean is, what would be required for me to make my inform7 game accessible via the internet? I used blorbtool.py so I can send my friends a folder containing all of the release materials and they can open the play.html via their internet browser and play it but I’m really not sure how to go about uploading material to a hosting platform. Is there a specific hosting platform that I need to use since I used python tool blorbtool.py in order to make the images in my game appear when someone opens the game via their internet browser? Or can I literally just chose any hosting platform, upload my release materials and everything will just work? Sorry, my coding/website experience is nonexistent so I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing here. Thank you for any help.

-Janusz

2 Likes

Any hosting platform that lets you upload HTML, CSS, and Javascript files.

4 Likes

Ok awesome, thank you so much for your response.

I personally have had success uploading an Inform game to itch.io. Make sure you’re releasing along with a website and an interpreter (the mechanics that make the game play on the web page) and then zip the release content Inform outputs so index.html is in the top layer of the archive.

Realize play.html is the game, and index.html (as they come out) is a hub page that shows your story info and allows download of the file and should have a link to online play.

2 Likes