Anybody Here Got a Wii?

Anybody here have Nintendo’s new console, the Wii? For the first week, I kept waiting for Mii’s to show up in my Mii parade (all my travel options are enabled correctly, I’m pretty sure). I don’t remember it saying that Mii’s would only travel within a pre-set list of “friend” IDs. Anyway, that appears to be the case. So, I’m looking to get a Mii parade going, if only to see what happens. :slight_smile:

I’ll have to figure out my own Wii ID, but I can give it out too. Might be best in private messages, though.

Well, if I had the money I’d likely buy a Wii… but I don’t - ordered a new computer, since my current P4 is getting a little bit old by now.

New computer setup:

Case: Nexus Breeze 500W
Well, I would’ve gotten an Antec P180 with a 550W power supply unit, but my local computer store doesn’t sell Antec’s products. So I had to take this instead, even though the air circulation inside this - however patented - is poor at best.

Motherboard: Abit AW9D-Max
A good motherboard, with the option to set up three different RAID configurations. Although I won’t be using RAID to begin with, I’m more than likely to set up at least two RAID’s later: level 1 for the operating system partitions and level 0 for the rest of the data.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
Simply the best value for money atm.

Memory: Kingston 2 GB DDR-2 800 MHz (kit of 2)
Well, 800 MHz may be a bit fast for the Core 2 Duo’s, but since I intend to overclock my computer at some point, it’s the best choice. I’ll add another kit of 2 later and have a total of 4 GB memory.

Graphics Card: MSI GF 8800 GTS 640 MB 320-bit HD
I was considering spending an extra 200 euros on the GTX, but finally settled on this. I wanted a graphics card with DX10 support…

Hard drives: 2 * Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320 GB SATA-II
Currently one for the OS and one for other data. Later on I’ll add at least two more and set up the RAIDs.

DVD-ROM: LG DVD-ROM 52x / 16x
DVD-RW: LG DVD±RW DL 18x Lightscribe
What to say? I like having two DVD-drives in my computer, one a reading one, the other a writing one.

Keyboard: Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
Ergonomic keyboards are simply the best. With any other keyboard type, my wrists start to hurt…

Mouse: Logitech G5 Laser Mouse
I just like this mouse. :slight_smile:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit OEM
Time to move on to Vista. My current computer setup will stay in use, as well.

For the current computer, I had to buy a new monitor, since my old 19" CRT (Philips Brilliance 109P4) is going to be used with the better computer. Settled on a cheap, 19" LCD-panel display, with not quite enough candelas or contrast (Mirai DML-519N100), but will do it’s job just fine for the purposes the old computer stays in use.

I bet Anchorhead will run lightning fast on that setup… :slight_smile:

Seriously, that puts into perspective the ‘new’ Thinkpad T40 I just bought. Please tell me you use a computer for a living. :slight_smile:

Actually, I don’t… 8O However, a pet hobby of mine is game programming, and this does require a bit of oomph from a computer - and I’m an avid gamer, as well. So, for me it’s quite natural to want to spend a bit more on a computer than the average joe does. :smiley:

I glares at you with the laserbeam eyes of jealousy! _

Not to be mean or anything…but I have even a faster computer! But DUDE…your computer is still really awesome! :wink: I would buy either a Xbox 360 or PS3.

Oh, likely my computer has gotten a bit old in this somewhat over a year since I picked the components for it… Compared to the latest tech, that is. Once I’ve managed to pay it off - had to buy it on credit, as they can be a bit expensive - I’ll order the next one.

And yes, I own a PS3. :stuck_out_tongue: