Another Infocom blog-through (Gold Machine blog and podcast) UP: Infidel

The Enchanter series is complete. The third and final essay is concerned with metafiction and canonicity/institutional knowledge (I had already planned this approach, but I would up being influenced by conversations here)

Zork IV: Enchanter January 24, 2022
Frobozz: Land of Enchantment January 26, 2022
Enchanter: A Ritual Murder in Search of a Game (January 29, 2022)

Note: For whatever reason, we are light on mail. If you have a comment about Enchanter or about golmac/golmic generally, get in touch!

Next up: Journey (podcast) and Infidel (blog).

3 Likes

As I mentioned on the blog last week, I now have a bingeable amount of back-content. This was one of my early goals, so it’s now time to slow down. I will likely do one post per week, almost always on Monday.

Callie and I will do a short follow-up episode on the Anastasia Salter Plundered Hearts article soon; we were working on the outline yesterday.

My first article about Infidel examines it in terms of tragedy. What sort of tragedy is it? Or is Infidel something else entirely? I consider classical tragedy, “American” (as in American naturalism) tragedy, and a third, very technical category.

UPDATE:

I think this thread has run its course. I’ll start making a new thread that incorporates my other discussion threads with the news updates from this thread. Hopefully that will keep things tidy

5 Likes