Announce: the 2017 Spring Thing Festival!

I’m very pleased to announce Spring Thing 2017!

springthing.net/2017/

Spring Thing is an annual festival celebrating new text-based computer games of all kinds. Originally founded as an off-season counterweight to the larger fall Interactive Fiction Competition, the current incarnation of the Thing is a less competitive space with looser restrictions. Without the two-hour judging limit of IF Comp, for instance, longer games are welcomed (although shorter games are fine, too!) There’s no fee to enter, but you do have to submit an “intent to enter” in advance. And there are prizes!

The details can be found at the official Spring Thing site, but in brief:

• Games must be debuts and in a well-polished state (bug tested, etc.)
  • You must submit an intent to enter by March 9th, and your game itself by April 2nd.
  • Your game must be free to play, and will be archived on the Spring Thing site after the festival closes, although:
  • You can submit to the “Back Garden” to showcase a demo of a game you’re planning to sell, a polished excerpt of something unfinished, or something more experimental or different than what’s usually called “IF.”

Check out the site for more info, and I’m happy to answer any questions here or sent to aaron at springthing.net. Thanks, and happy writing!

–Aaron

I added the dates to IFWiki and encourage more details on it to be added. It wasn’t yet mentioned and I felt it was important to get author attention now before the entry deadlines.

Thanks for updating the wiki!