Altering startup characteristics - TADS3.1

I wish to thank all of you who have helped me tremendously over the last weeks. I have another project to finish now that I’m finally starting to learn about TADS. When my game attempts to start, I want to first hide/clear the status bar and not show anything about the starting room. Then I wish to display the introduction and pause it until the space key is pressed. Nothing but the introduction should be seen until the key is pressed. I’m sure this can be done with some help.

RonG

This is the third time you ask about this. We already answered that question.

I really feel like a total pest having posted this before. As you may know, I have dementia which is a short-range memory loss. So, I print out every post to which I receive a reply. I seemed to have misplaced the former posts on this subject. Right now, I’ve pretty much finished up all the game init stuff so that’s why I went back to this. I’ll start using notes and give you guys a rest for awhile.

RonG

Here is the code I use to do this.

gameMain: GameMainDef
	// lots of other stuff omitted
	showIntro() {
		statuslineBanner.removeBanner();
		cls();
		showText();
		"<p>";
		"<i>Press any key to continue.</i>";
		inputManager.getKey(nil,nil);
		cls();
		showText();
		"<p>";
		statusLine.initBannerWindow(statuslineBanner);
		inherited();
	}

showText() {
		"Behold, a work of interactive fiction! ";
	}
;

You can bookmark this link:

http://www.intfiction.org/forum/search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=RonG&fid=10&sc=1&sf=all&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

When you visit it, it will show you all threads you have started in the TADS section of the forum. Hopefully, this will help in revisiting old answers.

Thanks for the information. Will try it shortly. Also thanks for the bookmark. I will put that to use.

RonG