Ability to mark topics resolved

I don’t know whether this would be easy to do, but I’ve seen some forums where a topic can be marked as “resolved” once the questioner’s request has been successfully fulfilled. Is there a way to do this under phpBB? It would obviously be irrelevant for some categories, but it would be nice to be able to eyeball the Inform forum and see which topics represent still-outstanding problems.

A quick Google search showed this fix. I don’t know if it’s an ideal solution, though, since it would probably still involve a moderator at some point.

There should be some mod that can be installed. It would make sense for emily to be a moderator of the inform board too.

That, I did not ask for. :slight_smile:

I’ll have to check out the mentioned add-on. So far we’re running without anything custom, but if it looks pretty straightforward I could probably get it set up.

As usual, the reward for doing well at a given work is… more work! :stuck_out_tongue:

In many Linux forums this is done by editing and add [SOLVED] to the subject of the original post. It can be done both by the original poster (who is encouraged to do so) or by a moderator.

It is simple and it won’t require any add-ons, but I don’t know if you wanted something “more”.

Ps.: I’ve just tried it in one of my cries-for-help: https://intfiction.org/t/checking-value-in-every-object-carried-solved/1005/1