Aaron Reed's extensions

I have the Aaron Reed extension Player Experience Upgrade installed, which incorporates several of his extensions (including Smarter Parser and Commonly Unimplemented) plus a few others.

So, I wanted to override the message that it produces when you examine clothing that’s not specific to your game, such as x hat or x shirt. The default message is “You do not normally need to refer to articles of clothing.”

According to the documentation for his extension “Commonly Unimplemented”, I am led to believe that this table in your game is supposed to override that message:

Table of Smarter Parser Messages (continued) rule name message usually no clothing rule "[as the parser]You do not normally need to refer to articles of clothing.[as normal]"

But when I change that message and recompile the game, it doesn’t change the message, it still runs the default. What can I do short of editing his original extension (which I don’t really want to do).

If you want to change table entries, then you need to use “amended” not “continued”. Try this.

Table of Smarter Parser Messages (amended) rule name message usually no clothing rule "[as the parser]You do not normally need to refer to articles of clothing.[as normal]"

Hope this helps.