A question about preference

This is really more of a “It would be great if…” type of question rather than a “I need…” question.

I am currently using dual monitors, and I want to figure out a way to have the documentation and testing window displayed on one screen, and the source window displayed on the other. It would give me much more room to program and whatnot. I don’t know what to turn any of the panels into separated windows. Anyone know how?

I’m pretty sure the panes aren’t detachable, but I think you can un-maximize the Inform window, then manually stretch it across both monitors, then manually adjust the splitter between panes to coincide with the monitors’ “seam”.

I thought of that, one problem though, my monitors are at the same height, so in my monitor settings I have the right monitor like 4-5 inches lower, and when I stretch it across I only see the bottom half of the panel.

Could you open 2 instances, one w/the left screen maximized, one with the right maximized, and drag them into place? If you were using the index or something, it might be problematic, but it should work for documentation.

I suppose. But I wouldn’t be able to test it.

If it’s just the docs, use a web browser at inform7.com/learn/man/index.html on the other monitor.

Well, you’d need to manually push the “game” tab after compilation. Not ideal, though.