a problem with extensions.

well, i am a begginer in IF and i am still learning the inform 7 language. however, yesterday when i tried to include the “mood variations” extension by emily short, the program reported a series of errors, all of them related with the source code of the extension. are you guys experiencing same problems? it have anything to do with the last updates?

The extension expects you to set certain values in your source text.
The extension documentation says:

What this means is that you need some lines like this in your source text:

The current interlocutor is an object that varies. The moods are friendly, neutral, and hostile.
The first line creates the variable ‘current interlocutor’ that the extension needs.
The second one creates the moods you want to have in your games (replace “friendly, neutral and hostile” with the moods you need for your game: “nice and mean” or “grumpy, happy, sleepy, bashful, and sneezy” or whatever).

You also should add two more lines to set the initial and default values:

The current interlocutor is an object that varies. The current interlocutor is usually nothing. The moods are friendly, neutral, and hostile. The current mood of a person is usually neutral.
Again, instead of setting the initial value to nothing, you could set it to “the player” or to some other person in the game. And the default value for a persons mood should of course be the mood most people in the game will normally be.
(If you don’t explicitly specify a default value yourself, Inform will automatically choose a default mood: the first value mention after “The moods are”, if there are three or more moods mentioned; the last one mentioned, if there are only two of them.)

(And by the way – this thread really belongs rather to the “Inform 6 & 7 Development” category.)