A hollow voice booms out:

Adam,
Thanks so much. I’ve been wondering about these contacts for quite awhile now.

I was able to find a link to itch.io and registered my name. My Inform7 story is done so I can submit it today (6/29/21).
And yes, it is Zork-style input/output and previously unpublished. A few friends and family were beta testers.

I do have another (2nd) story that I could submit to IFComp. It is mostly finished. Can I submit today’s ParseComp submission to IFComp too?

I have plenty of stories, both interactive and standard, so itch.io is a great option.
Thanks again.
-abc

“Some people are confident they could move mountains if only somebody would just clear the foothills out of the way.”
– Unknown

| Adam Sommerfield Adam_S
June 28 |

• | - |

Falsoon:

I am interested in submitting a Twine story and a short Inform7 puzzle to any competition, or just making either of them available to interested parties. How do I do that?

Ok, so… :slightly_smiling_face:

The short Inform 7 puzzle game, if its primary method of control is via a text parser, could be entered into ParserComp 2021 but it would need to have not been previously released. Public beta testing is fine, but any form of previous release would rule it out.

Here’s a link: ParserComp 2021 - itch.io

You would also need to move like the wind as ParserComp submissions window ends in a matter of days (2 to be precise). :slightly_smiling_face:

At this stage you may be better to consider entering into IFComp which is held later this year. You would also be able to enter your Twine game into IFComp.

Here’s a link for IFComp: https://ifcomp.org/

Finally, if you just want to make your games available to the masses then you have a few options!

Itch.io itself allows you to create a Creator page and you can upload your games to it. Itch.io is very well known now and is one of the places (alongside Steam, but Steam costs money) where the indie game devs market their games.

There is also IFDB: https://ifdb.org/

Hope this helps!

Adam :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

No - IFComp submissions have to be previously unreleased. (IFComp and Spring Thing are in fact slightly stricter about this than Parsercomp, since they don’t allow public betatesting or use of a public github repo.)

1 Like

IFComp only allows games that are previously unreleased, so this wouldn’t be possible under current rules.

1 Like