500 (Maybe 1000?) Signs You Play Too much IF

1. You ponder the endangered places, those that might only exist in scant photos and passing mention a decade from now, and chew on preserving these in Interactive form. How else would a new generation have the Kmart Food Court experience or live the VHS rental store experience?
2 Likes
  1. Following a bugfix to address Sign 165, boats now always sail east, meaning port/left is always north.
6 Likes
  1. You are standing in an open field west of a white house.
3 Likes
  1. You say “It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.” every time it’s dark inside.
  2. Trying to eat everything you see.
  3. Telling someone “When in doubt, eat.” if they say something you don’t understand.
4 Likes

246 Anytime something goes wrong, you blame some weirdo named Krill

4 Likes

Snagged this one from the other topic. Popped up after posts were moved but before the topic was closed.

3 Likes
  1. You hear nothing, see nothing, feel nothing, taste nothing, and smell nothing.
6 Likes
  1. You map the world in rectangular areas with cardinal direction mappings.

2. You giggle at the thought that shaving yaks can be fun.

3. You reframe movies as VNs.

4. You wonder about the underlying source code for NPC conversation when hearing people talking.

5. You keep old computers around because emulators just isn’t the same.

6. You lost any desire to play action games.

7. You start collecting alternative CYOA books.

8. You keep seeing/looking for choices when reading novels.

6 Likes
  1. You come back to the IF community 9 years later because you’re fascinated with IF again, and then notice a thread you made on a whim has been necro’d.
20 Likes

Welcome back!! :wave:

3 Likes
  1. Tell @Timewalker about welcome back
5 Likes

halfway toward 500, 1/4 toward 1000 !!!

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio

3 Likes
  1. You add an xyzzy command to your software: https://github.com/LeelaChessZero/lc0/pull/365/files
6 Likes
  1. You regularly do a gratuitous hop in random places, wondering where you put that apple.
8 Likes

What’s this from?

2 Likes

Default Inform response:

>JUMP
You jump on the spot, fruitlessly.

8 Likes

Funny detail… after I made this post I really ended up at “You are standing in an open field west of a white house”, but not by playing Zork I. I get there by playing Eric the Unready.

2 Likes

Ahh, I hadn’t got the “apple” bit.

2 Likes
  1. You’ve known how to use full sentences for ages, but you usually just can’t be bothered to.
5 Likes
  1. Whenever you encounter a problem, you always think of what solution or item is most effective on said problem. Examples: tie rope to tree trunk, pour gargle blaster on plate, use Super Arm on Cut Man, etc.
5 Likes