What are you listening to?

If this opening song doesn’t make you a fan of Brutus, nothing will…

Brutus - War (Live)

Brutus - Drive

1 Like

The radio ambushed me. One minute I’m fine, the next I have goosebumps all over, my neckhair is bristling, and my heart is sinking down into my stomach.

I have this every time I hear that opening line:

“It’s four in the morning,
the end of December…”

5 Likes

This song has some very dark lyrics, but is a hauntingly powerful song. It’s slow, but worth every second. The vocals, the background, and the instruments. Everything so chilling and beautiful.

And one I listened to earlier to comfort myself was this one:

(CW: slowly strobing lights.) (If you can watch it, I’d recommend it.)

1 Like

Been listening to this on loop a lot, it’s such a gentle sound.

Such a nice song. Strong, and motivational, but not too much. Very clever.

I am just wowed at the talent of this duo guitarist group. Very acoustic guitar heavy, with basically no other instruments used except percussion sometimes.

1 Like

Yesterday I bought Beth Gibbons new album Lives Outgrown. Reveries and reminiscences on change, loss, transience, growth, …

It’s a work that grows and develops with each new spin on the turntable. Intruiging and touching.

3 Likes

Beth Gibbons has a new album out??? Why was I not informed of this! Bless you, sir.

(I love Portishead and Out of Season is really great, too – saw her on her solo tour in support of it, which was amazing. They played Candy Says as an encore, best rendition of it I’ve ever heard).

3 Likes

I thought the same thing, tbh.

3 Likes

I keep expecting some terminator-esqe assassin to show up at my door for being delinquent on music shipments, similar to Arnoid the Annihilator showing up centuries later to hunt down Roger Wilco for not paying for his mail-order Labion Terror Beast Mating Whistle he purchased from the Gippezoid Novelty Company in the previous game.

Arnoid
unnamed (1)

They also did cassettes as well. I don’t know how they stayed in business, tbh.

5 Likes

5 Likes

There’s nothing quite like a robot on a bike…

TROLDHAUGEN - BMX Terminator

2 Likes

DEEP GNOME Texas Dungeon Siege

1 Like

It’s coming back!!

3 Likes

OMG! Fuck yeah! Woooooooo!

“Actually, Billy Ocean is performing the song OUR WAY now.” - Oderus Urungus

This is a great cover and a brilliant mashup of Teenage Wasteland and Get Into My Car.

2 Likes

This song is so Esme core.

I’m not your perfect
I’m not your fantasy
I’m not your angel
Would you judge me if I can’t wait to be?
I’m not your baby
I’m not your heartache
I’m no angel
Would you judge me if I can’t wait to be?

Pardon me, I, I don’t mean to act dumb
I don’t mean to act like you’re the only one
You’re not the only one

I wanna meet you over and over and over again
'Cause there’s so many yous in you
And I can’t get used to it

2 Likes

Ran across this randomly in my recommendations. It’s not really all too similar to what I normally listen to, but it’s good!

3 Likes

Been listening to more Chanmina since Jinx made the recommendation of her as an artist ages ago.

2 Likes

This song is guitar driven rock perfection.

Invasives - Blame The Accident

Other notable songs from them are…

101 Damnations
Perfect Man

I noticed these guys have under 250 monthly listeners on Spotify. I think I can find an even less popular band if I try hard enough. :wink:

2 Likes

I used to listen to a bunch of nightcore while writing essays in university, and they’re nice to bounce along to while drafting. Just wrapped up a game for the Neo-Twiny jam this year to this.

2 Likes