Site Logo

That’s a cool layout idea, but if I had my druthers, those boxes’d be like… unrolled scrolls. With compasses and lanterns interspersed. And an arrow pointing off-map that says ‘Here be possibly metaphorical dragons and whatnot.’

I thought we were going away from stuff that was too old-school, when we ditched the idea of the Zork-style font.

I have a modest proposal. Every time Mike peeks in on this thread, he sees “no consensus” or a joke option, or yet another proposal. Perhaps we should elect a moderator to autocratically decide on a logo. That person would post their favorite option and lock the thread.

nay

I really don’t see the problem with our new logo. It’s a definite improvement. Baby steps.

In case it wasn’t clear, I changed the logo. It looks terrible because Microsoft paint.

If we can come to a quick consensus we can put a better logo on. I would like to think about changing the theme at the same time though. Also, I want to change the domain’s front page to be a mini index to IFDB, the wiki, planet IF. etc.

Hey, that’s my app of the year!

Definitely. I’m sick of the ‘eventually something’ message, and I doubt it inspires folks to check out the forum.

If we can’t come to a quick consensus we might put the old logo back…

Cool idea. I like Trumgottist’s cleaned-up version of the post-it.

When I said that anything would be better than the default I was wrong! Oh so very wrong! The favicon would be fine.

How about this one for now, and then we can start discussing theme options?

I vote for it. it’s minimal, it’s perfect.

I’m cool with that.

Run with it, baybeee!

I’m happy with that.

Just a reminder, the new logo doesn’t show up for those of us using the alternative theme, prosilver - you need to change the logo for each theme separately. (I don’t want to fiddle with any of this myself - it’s been way too long since I’ve done any server admin, I’d probably break something…)

Considering the difficultly of coming up with something that works for both themes, that could be considered an advantage. :wink:

Please change it to the blue and white one before I die of mortification.

Quoting myself from several pages earlier in this thread:

So, yes please.

Quoting someone quoting themselves just in case that’s never happened before:

Also, adding a ‘yes’ for myself.

I’ll vote for that, too.