[I7] Extracting the content of a request as a stored action

Is there a way to winkle out the content of a request as a stored action? So if the player types:

I’d like to be able to get “Taylor kissing Jordan” into a stored action.

Also, if Taylor is kissing Jordan as the result of such a request, is that action stored anywhere? “The current action” is “asking Taylor to try kissing Jordan,” if I’m not mistaken.

Just sticking “the current action” into a stored action variable of your choice should do what you wish, regardless whether or not the action is a request. Also remember that a requested action is ran twice through the action machinery, once as the request “asking… to try…” and once as just the action.

If you need still finer control, the extension Editable Stored Actions should suffice.

Ah, I was looking at “the current action” at the wrong time; after failing at what I wanted to do, I wrote an every turn rule to print the current action, and it had always reverted to “waiting” by then; but just now I wrote a before rule to print the current action, and it does what I want. Excellent. The Editable Stored Actions extension also looks like it should be very handy.

(This has to do with this old thing, by the way.)

[UPDATE: Wow, that was unclear. What I mean is, I wrote some code that didn’t do what I wanted. Then, to debug it, I wrote an every turn rule to print out the current action. But whenever I entered a request, the current action had always reverted to the waiting action (the default) by the time the every turn stage was reached, so I was utterly confused. Just now I wrote a “Before:” rule that prints the current action, which shows the current action first to be “asking x to try fooing” and then “x fooing,” as it should.]