Goodbye board.

Oh, and does someone have the cojones to post this? I do:

youtube.com/watch?v=bTi0A3BF … 0F3DA86276

how many puppets do you non-Pudlo guys think Pudlo got in this board? I have a feeling far too many…

Hmm. I don’t know. As long as they can change lightbulbs.

Here’s something racist:
youtube.com/watch?v=xNREIiw3dqc

This one has an ad, but sums things up pretty well.

youtube.com/watch?v=nP0oZHzUuLI

Laroquod, I’m certainly sorry to see that you feel that way about this situation, and I should maybe give you some context, as I may be guilty of “playing the Pudlo card”.

Basically, in a series of posts, I noticed a lot of similarities between Andreas and Pudlo. Their style. The things they were saying. And I said something along the lines of “Now, I don’t want to start flinging things around, but these posts seem very similar in style to Pudlo’s”. Who was in the habit, as we well know, of creating sock puppets and having conversations with himself.

So maybe I started that particular issue. I also quickly made up my mind that Andreas was not Pudlo, nor, in the strictest sense, a troll.

But before you judge us on persecuting, I suggest you read some of Andreas’ posts. It wasn’t just one thread, it was an overall attitude. Andreas should have nothing to complain about - when he was civil, so were we. When he was rude, he got talked back at. Some people may have always been a little less accepting of Andreas and responded more aggressively by default, something I don’t condone, but it had nothing to do with Pudlo and everything to do with the issue at hand.

You seem to have been swayed by Andreas’ rethoric without actually reading the other things he wrote. Why, by that logic, Pudlo was a fine fellow.

EDIT - Incidently, I do have to agree about the issue of “Pudlo’s Ghost”: as I recall, Conrad’s accusation of Thornton being Pudlo (man, that sounds so stupid and got blown way out of proportion so quickly…) was, I think, the single ugliest incident I’ve seen in this community since I found it. That must have been Pudlo’s crowning moment, and I told Conrad that, I believe; he must have loved that he had such power to make so much mischief without having to lift a finger.

I do cringe whenever there’s yet another allusion to Pudlo. But, nowadays, it’s more like a synonim for “trollish insulting abrasive poster” than actually saying “Look, it’s Pudlo! Ban him! Burn him!”. We can even talk about Pudlo-isms if we want to, I’m sure. His ghost isn’t hovering about us - we just have a new word for “troll”. I don’t think that ever since the Conrad incident we’ve given him the power to to any real damage.

I’m not sure we’re as sanitised as all that. I just think there’s a desire to keep this place welcoming for newcomers. I mean, we don’t want to drive away potential IFers, do we? That takes some sanitising, but the moderators and the remaining members are hardly active cleansers of any sort.

I mean, if people who might have something more disruptive and more abrasive to say feel they are not welcome in this place… is that a bad thing? Especially considering that we do listen to what they have to say as long as they’re civil. We give everyone a chance. When people abuse that chance, they feel the brunt of having pissed some people off, but that happens in any social gathering. If these people back off, and are civil to us, we are civil to them. If they persist, they create threads like this and leave in a huff and a puff. Are we missing much?

Incidently, after this thread, Andreas has made two abrasive posts, one very helpful post about patching an I7 issue, and a more serious post, to which I had the opportunity to reply civilly and I was treated with the same civility. If he were to resume posting in a fun and interesting way, I’m sure he’d see people respond to it positively. So you see… we give everyone a chance, I really think. And if someone feels they don’t fit in… well, maybe they just don’t, and it would be harmful for the rest of us to pretend they do.

MTW, the next time you make a judgement, try to read the actual post too. …including the Spoiler tag for the post, where I explain that the second largest population in the world needs to do something drastic about their publicity problems. Would somebody actually propagate for burning indians, the last thing that they would do, is to compare them to jews. While the israelian government has done its very outmost to give jews a bad rep again, comparing some group to jews is a losing argument equal to promoting a great leader by comparing them to Hitler. I’d like to imagine that people still remember WWII, because too many people in this world is all too fond of genocide still, and the only thing keeping them in check, is bringing up WWII.

Does the above make me sound like Pudlo? Yes. Ironically enough, I believe that Pudlo is not only german, but also an actual jew. (His IF shows knowledge about yiddich, and in his current review, he mentions an interest in a rabbi.)

Too long; didn’t read.

Oh, come on. You’re being worse than him now.

But then who will you blame? Who will be your scapegoat? Yes, you can mature into a tolerant being, who can read 4chan posts without your face melting, but since you can’t stand imagining a world where people can think things that you reject, you need some icon to blame - an excuse for not tolerating other people.

As an example: I have nothing but respect for Emily Short. Granted, I don’t know her, but I respect her writing excellent example snippets in my manual. Pudlo just compared her to a “twohundred kilogram woman”. Do I care? No. If Pudlo hates Emily Short for some reason, then he’s free to do so. It’s just words, and if people trust them at face value, then that’s their problem. I’d like to think that most people are smarter than taking internet posts as truth.

Yes, I saw that stunt that Pudlo pulled, by giving a sockpuppet account a similar name in order to sow confusion and hate. I saw that, and I understand why he was banned. …but I bet that if spent a month trying to track down all the drama leading up to that, I’d find his careless critique being met with hateful flames, leading to even more mistrust and hate, and so on.
I’m a taoistic wiseman, so I spend far less time bickering over right and wrong than most people, but you guys need to ask yourselves how much time you’re actually spending creating and playing IFs, and how much time you are thinking about how everybody should share your ideal views at your ideal forum in your ideal world.

You don’t get it? I’ll spell it out for you:

MTW is a troll.

This is the fourth time that he’s responded with TL;DR, and it’s just to be an asshole. He’s just doing it because he hopes it will troll me.

Well, you also accused me and Whyld of being trolls. I also think his “Too long, didn’t read” is an oblique reference to you saying, when you first appeared, how much you disliked having to read long sequences in an IF, which raised a few eyebrows because it’s like a Tarantino fan saying he doesn’t like watching violence on screen.

But, it’s your preference and your prerogative. MTW is probably the most outspoken person who least likes you around here. Is he right in talking to you like this? I don’t think he is. Were you right in many of your more abrasive posts? I don’t think you were.

Andreas, to be frank, I think you have three serious options now.

You can continue as you are. You won’t make any friends, but you’re not looking for any. You’ll stir up trouble occasionally, but also occasionally posting relevant I7 things, so no one really knows where to stand with you. And this thread will keep bloody growing.

You can leave. Just leave and be done with it.

You can stay. It doesn’t take a big gesture, a huge sign of repentance, or a heartfelt apology - I doubt you feel you were wrong about, say, the Indians thread, and from what we know of you I’m sure you’d never apologise for something you didn’t feel sorry for, but I believe you can understand that you stepped on sensitive toes and said some rather horrid things, even if merely for the sake of an argument. Some things are just hurtful, and it’s ok to sometimes say them without meaning to cause harm, as long as you eventually realise you might have gone too far. I’m sure you would find something to apologise for in there. But it wouldn’t take an apology, I don’t think. Like I keep saying - like I’ve kept saying so often I sound like a scratched record - if you post civil, we will answer civil.

Well, some people might never see eye to eye with you. So what. I’ve got a few issues with a few people on this forum. I just keep it to myself, because open conflict does no one any good. If I have to say something, I resort to PMs.

I mean, seriously. The internet is not a place to behave unlike you would in real life. We’re real people. If you said, in a social gathering, the things you’ve been saying in some posts, people would be edging away from you, making excuses. Your “mean reviewer” persona will not work here, not like this. Surely you’ve realised that.

I doubt that by now you’ll be much interested in the community per se, of course. Maybe you don’t think it’s worth going through the trouble of patching it up. You do whatever you want, but the bottom line is always the same: others have basically done unto you as you have done unto others. You don’t get to say whatever you want without it having any consequences.

Perhaps the weirdest thing about this, is that you insist that I’m not the same Andreas that wrote Mean IF Reviews.
I’m actually the same guy that (in good roasting spirit and parody) trolled the authors for 2-3 Introcomps straight. Without my knowledge, this also resulted in the review scores for those games being significantly lowered (because my scores ranged from 0 to -10). It wasn’t my intention, but there you go.
So yes, if you call me Andreas, you could actually have a trolling case against me. …but instead you choose to call me Pudlo, which shows your dishonest intent.

I’m even getting Pudlo fanmail at this point. People (who shall remain anonymous) write PMs to me about how the authors of I7 are such fags. It’s really weird.

I usually sit back and watch you make an ass of yourself but I’m deeply offended by your slur. I know you say others are saying it but if someone PM’d me using “The N Word”, then I wouldn’t repeat it in the public forum. I’m gay and “■■■” is deeply insulting to even look at, IMO. We all know you lead a very lonely life but can’t you please find some help for yourself or a forum that deals with people who have the mental issues you possess?

Admins- can we finally get rid of this asshole?

I give up. My previous post was my last attempt. If this is how you reply, I’m done in this thread and anything to do with you. I’m only suckered for so long. Silly me, I could be so cynical on your “tin man” thread and yet was naïve enough to believe we might get you to stay around without being such a troll. What a laugh, huh?

I’m essentially fine with people calling me whatever. It’s George I can’t stand.
I don’t care about the “community”. As far as I’m concerned, there is no community, and there shouldn’t be either. Social gatherings around a neutral subject, is like rot. It gathers up, and it excludes anything that isn’t itself.
…but when this rot starts to influence mods, then things turn serious.
It’s possible that George just misunderstood the topic, like the rest of you seem to have, but he also didn’t care about reading the topic a second time upon my request, most likely because he thinks I’m Pudlo.
…so this thread is actually not about you calling me whatever. It’s about George and Danii.

This is what I wrote in my report:

This is me telling you to quit it.

Good luck with that.

That wasn’t me replying to you. That post was just me addressing the board in general. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

You’re either going or you’re not, but it’s time to lock this topic.