Ectocomp 2013

HUZZAH!

So everybody talking about the Ectocomp really are just those of us who submitted something. [emote]:)[/emote]

pretty much lol

I’m Matt Weiner, author of Faithful Companion.

Is it OK if we publish web-playable versions of these and source code? I feel that the source for this game is the true fount of horror.

Be my guest.

Can we upload our games to IFDB yet?

I want to wait until the competition is over on mine, because I want to put out an updated version. I’ll probably include both the original and the update, plus both versions of the source code, and attach that to IFDB instead.

Thanks for the update!

I think a review thread would be great. Also, if anyone makes a transcript of, or has any thoughts on Headless, Hapless PM’d (or emailed, my address is in the ABOUT text) feedback would be appreciated too. A post-comp clean up will definitely happen, I’m kind of OCD when it comes to undescribed nouns.

I was convinced (for no particular reason) that Mike Snyder was the pseudonym. Now I can’t parse it as a real name!

I took this to mean that it was okay for us to upload our games to another site, and put mine up here. If it’s not, ah well, I can always take it down. ('Tis easier to ask forgiveness than permission, after all.)

Jason, could you update the OP with a link to the new zip file? People are unlikely to want to wade through the thread to find it, and if they do they’ll find the incomplete one first.

The zip name didn’t change, right? So that’s not an issue. But an OP edit to link it would still help with the hunting.

D’oi! Good point.

Edited to add: How do I run your game, Profile? I haven’t come across a .hex file before.

You’ll need Hugo, Hugor, or Gargoyle.

generalcoffee.com/hugo/gethugo.html

Gargoyle is actually pretty nice, but I don’t readily have a link for that. It plays Glulx, Zcode, Adrift, Hugo, Tads, and more.

Or Hugor. You can change the margins and stuff, which is nice. Again, don’t readily have a link, but all of those should be there at ifarchive.org/.

(Edit) Gargoyle can be found here: ifarchive.org/indexes/if-arc … goyle.html
(Edit again) Hugo and Hugor can both be found here: ifarchive.org/indexes/if-arc … ables.html

Oh, OK. I actually use Gargoyle, but for some reason it wasn’t associated with that type of file. Thanks for the info.

Mahahahaah…all theeeesee…looooooverly IFComp reveewwwierrrs……writing gammmeessss….OOoooooohhhhhooohooohooOOO!

I picture you aaaaall….drumming finggersssssss… waiting exxssspectantleeeeeyyyy for feeeeeedback……

They’re two different policies for two different problems. Pre-approval is for spam, blocking proxies is for trolls. Hopefully we can add a software mod to take care of spam, which hopefully will mean that Hannes will be able to access the forum again.

(Dee-deet! Dee-deet! Dee-deet! Dee-deet! Dee deet dee-nee-neet!) I ain’t afraid of no votes.
(Dee-deet! Dee-deet! Dee-deet! Dee-deet! Dee deet dee-nee-neet!) I ain’t afraid of no votes!

I am!